The Mastercard foundation scholars program at the University of Ashesi in Ghana 2019/2020 is opened to interested African students who wish to further his or her education in Ghana. This means that the University of Ashesi is inviting undergraduate from African countries to participate in the MasterCard foundation scholars program 2019/2020 academics sessions to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities.
The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education. Scholars at Ashesi represent some of the best and brightest students from across the African continent.
To be eligible for the scholarship student must bring out the best academic performance and also strengthen it.
The student must have a minimum grade of C6 equivalent according to Ghana accreditation requirements.
Prospective students must place an emphasis on sharing information with them that tells more about characters and personality.
• Early Deadline: 28th March 2019
• Regular Deadline: 27th June 2019
• Late Deadline: 22nd August 2019
The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept a scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English, and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
In addition to meeting the standard admissions requirements, applications from international students must meet the following requirements:
- Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
- Evidence of English Language proficiency: International students for who English was not a language of instruction during high school, must submit evidence of English language proficiency, including but not limited to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS).