- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being.
For more information on research areas visit here
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant research areas as listed above.
Application information and deadline
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
- When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
- The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
The application for the 2021 Facebook Fellowship commences on the 10th, August 2020 at 12:00am PST and closes October 2, 2020 at 12:00pm PST.