Swansea University is a university that focuses on innovation and discovery that provides the perfect mix of teaching and research, balanced by an admirable quality of life. Their impressive waterfront campuses make them a wonderful place for students and staff from across the world, and its diverse community provides a global outlook that encourages those who join them to acquire skills and expertise that will lead them to productive and enriching careers. The university is classified in the world university rankings as one of the top 400 universities. Swansea is ranked 45th in the complete university guide for 2016.
For the academic session 2020/2021, Swansea University is accepting applications for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship for International developing countries Postgraduates in the UK.
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship awarded to female students who are citizens and current residents of a developing country, who are admitted to undertake a postgraduate master’s program at Swansea University’s College of Human and Health Sciences. It is offered to students who show outstanding academic performances with proof of financial need.
Worth of Award
This Scholarship is a full-tuition fee scholarship
- Hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree(or equivalent) for postgraduate taught courses
- Have accepted an offer to study an eligible, full-time, postgraduate taught Masters’s program within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University. Eligible programs can be found
- Meet English language ability standards as stipulated within their condition of offer and UKVI requirements
- Be female
- Be a new student to Swansea University
- Within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability and financial need
- Be a national of, and ordinarily resident in, a non-EU, developing country listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being low or low to middle income. Eligible countries can be found in her developing countries as listed by the World Bank
- Not be eligible for any other financial support from Swansea University e.g. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links, scholarships, or bursaries.
- Please note students progressing from The College, Swansea University is not eligible to apply for an international scholarship.
- Make sure you have an offer of study with Swansea University before applying for a scholarship – we’ll only accept students who meet our requirements to study with us
- Be specific about why you deserve a scholarship – this could be due to things you have done or will do.
- Complete the application form – many students do not completely address the questions which makes it unlikely they will receive a scholarship
- Apply prior to the actual deadline – there is a high demand for scholarships, so apply as soon as you can
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship
For more information visit the official Scholarship Website