The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.
University of the Western Cape, South Africa/Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum, Germany
Field of study:
Scholarships are available for full-time students of:
• Master in Development Studies
• Master in Public Administration
• The different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC)
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% average for your last degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to Developement Studies
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Women are encouraged to apply
The deadline for submission of application is November 30 2020. visit the website below for more information